How to become an MIC User
**New users of the MIC instruments must be trained by the appropriate staff member. Training from other users is not sufficient and sharing of passwords/credentials is prohibited. Access to the MIC facility and instruments will be revoked if these terms are violated.**
- To begin you will need to contact the scientist in charge of the instrument you would like to use via email. You can find this information in the Staff Directory or on the appropriate Instrument page.
- You will need to set up an iLab account if you don’t already have one.
- Carefully read the MIC Facility Manual.
- Next you will initiate a Training Request in iLab under the Request Services tab.
- You will be asked to fill out a Training Request Form which will require confirmation that you have read the MIC Facility Manual.
- Lastly you will need to email the correct staff member again to say that you are ready to set up a time to meet and begin training.
Video: iLab Users How to Request Training
Note: Instrument training will require payment for time on the equipment along with time spent with the technician and any consumables that are used. Fee Schedule here.