Similar to Electron Backscattered Diffraction (EBSD) in Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), the NanoMEGAS ASTAR provides grain orientation and strain mapping in Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) using precession electron diffraction to reduce dynamic scattering events. Crystal structure maps can be acquired by analyzing the diffraction patterns at each pixel.
- Spatial Resolution: down to ~2nm for orientation maps and strain maps.
- Precession Angel: 0.5 to 1 degree
- Scanning Step: 0.1 to 100nm
- Crystallographic orientation of precipitates in matrix materials
- Mechanical properties of metals
- Changes in crystal structure of materials