Olympus FV1000 confocal microscope
|$50/Hour||TAMU Users & Federal Government Agency Users|
|$40/Hour||Off-Peak & Automated Runs
(TAMU Users & Federal Government Users only)
5:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Confocal microscope capable of optical sectioning and 3D imaging of fluorescently labeled samples. Live (BL1) or fixed, fluorescently-stained samples can be imaged.
In addition, the inverted IX81 microscope is equipped with a sensitive monochrome sCMOS camera and can be used for regular wide-field fluorescence imaging with the Micro-Manager control software. This will require a separate user training (~2 hours). The short user guide for this mode is here: Using the Olympus IX81 for Epifluorescence Imaging
- Fluorescence: time-lapse, Z-stacks, image stitching
- Transmitted light: DIC
- 10x/0.4, 20x/0.75, 40x/0.95 dry objectives
- 20x/0.85 oil, 100x/1.4 oil immersion objectives
- 60x/1.2 water immersion objectives
- 20x/0.45 and a 60x/0.7 long working distance objective for imaging through thick (several mm) layers of the specimen
- 405nm, 458nm, 488nm, 515nm, 543nm, and 633nm imaging lasers
- SIM scanner for photoactivation/photobleaching at high temporal resolution with a 405nm laser used independently from the imaging lasers
- 3 standard detectors (2 of these are capable of spectral imaging)
- Transmitted light detector
- Two highly sensitive GaAsP detectors
- Inverted IX81 Microscope with a motorized XY stage. The motorized stage allows assembly of large image mosaics and automated imaging of specimens in multi-well imaging chambers.
- Specimen holders which accept standard microscope slides, Petri dishes up to 60mm in diameter, and standard-size (85 x 128mm) multiwall culture plates.
- Live cell imaging in an environmental enclosure that maintains temperature, CO₂, and humidity
PC with software for off-line analysis of confocal datasets is available in our computer room. Available software includes the full version of the Olympus confocal software and ImageJ http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/.
FOR IMAGING SERVICES, TRAINING, AND QUESTIONS
- Download Training Policy: Olympus_FV1000_Training_Policy.pdf
- Download Quick User Guide: Olympus_confocal_user_guide.pdf
- Download Quick Start: FluoView FV1000
- Checkout Requirements: Checkout_Olympus_confocal.pdf
- Download Image Viewer (PC only): Free from Olympus here
(our serial number is 5L10)
- Download one of the following apps to find fluorescence spectra of over 500 dyes: